MLS® Laser Therapy
Colorado Foot Institute is proud to offer one of the most modern medical treatment options available that can treat patients suffering from a wide range of chronic and acute foot and ankle conditions. The MLS® M6 Robotic Laser system. Laser therapy is one option that provides both healing and pain relief for many patients.
MLS® stands for Multiwave Locked System (MLS). The MLS® Laser therapy system is a Class IV laser therapy that combines two therapeutic lasers, the 808nm and 905nm. The different wave lengths are key to the MLS® Laser system treatment. One laser treats swelling and inflammation, and the other laser treats pain.
When the laser is applied to treatment areas, the affected tissues absorb the light. This causes blood to rush to the treatment area, which promotes healing of damaged cells. MLS® laser therapy also stimulates all cell types, including muscle, ligament, cartilage, and nerves. This is what makes it an effective treatment for many different painful conditions.
MLS® Laser Therapy is being cited as the wave of the future in pain management amongst doctors for its ability to quickly return patients to their everyday activities. In our quest to deliver the best in foot and ankle care, our practice has invested in the very best technology. MLS ® Laser Therapy has proven to be successful in numerous studies. Manage pain, reduce inflammation, and enjoy a speedy recovery with MLS® Laser Therapy.
Just Say No to Surgery!
MLS® Laser Therapy can effectively treat and resolve many conditions that previously required surgery.
Conditions that MLS® Laser Therapy are commonly used for:
● Arthritis & Inflammation
○ Rheumatoid Arthritis
○ Degenerative Arthritis
○ Other Degenerative joint diseases
● Chronic Pain
○ Rapid relief of pain
● Musculoskeletal Disorder
○ Joint Pain
○ Bruised Bones
■ Bone Marrow Edema
○ Bone Spurs
○ Muscle Strains and Tears
○ Sore Muscles
● Nerve Entrapment
○ Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
○ Other specific neurological conditions
● Pre and post-surgical treatment
○ Podiatric Surgery
○ Orthopedic Surgery
○ Total Joint Replacement Surgery
○ Tendon and Ligament surgery
● Tendon and ligament injury
○ Achilles Tendonitis
○ Plantar Fasciitis/Heel Pain
○ Shin Splints
○ Sprains/Strains/Torn Ligaments
○ Diabetic Wounds/Ulcers
○ Pressure Wounds/Ulcers
○ Venous Stasis Wounds/Ulcers
What MLS® Laser Therapy Does
1. Anti-Inflammatory: MLS® Laser Therapy has an anti-edema effect as it causes vasodilation, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system which drains swollen areas. As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
2. Analgesic: MLS® Laser Therapy has a beneficial effect on nerve cells. It blocks pain transmitted by these cells to the brain which decreases nerve sensitivity. Also, due to the decreased inflammation, there is less edema and less pain. Another pain blocking mechanism involves the production of high levels of pain killing chemicals such as endorphins and enkephalin from the brain and adrenal gland.
3. Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth: Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, damaged cells are repaired faster.
4. Improved Vascular Activity: Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue which speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly and reduces scar tissue. Additional benefits include acceleration of angiogenesis, which causes temporary vasodilation and increase in the diameter of blood vessels.
5. Increases Metabolic Activity: MLS® Laser Therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
6. Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points: MLS® Laser Therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a noninvasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
7. Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: MLS® Laser Therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns or surgery.
8. Improved Nerve Function: Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light speeds the process of nerve cell reconnection and increases the amplitude of action potentials to optimize nerve healing.
9. Immunoregulation: Laser light has a direct effect on immunity status by stimulating immunoglobulins and lymphocytes. Laser emissions are absorbed by chromophores (molecule enzymes) that react to laser light. Upon exposure to the laser, the enzyme flavomononucleotide is activated and starts the production of ATP (adenosine- triphosphate), which is the major carrier of cell energy and the energy source for all chemical reactions in the cells.
10. Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue. Fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries. As a result, is effective post surgically and in the treatment of open wounds and burns.
There are no podiatrists Metro Denver trusts more to care for their feet! The Colorado Foot Institute looks forward to helping you for all your foot and ankle conditions. Call, text or email to set up a consultation with Dr. Mechanik and see how MLS® Laser Therapy can heal your conditions without medications, injections, endless physical therapy or surgery.
- For other painful sites of the body, Robotic Laser Center for Pain, is proud to offer MLS Laser Services, by appointment only.
- Therapy sessions are about 30 minutes, with affordable pricing.
- Call (720) 773-2471, or connect on Facebook to schedule your appointment. Google appointments, coming soon.