Dr. Joseph E. Mechanik maintains the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in the medical field. His specialist interest is about Fitness, Exercise and the overall health and well being of his patients. Read on to learn more about Dr. Joe's experience and training.
Joseph E. Mechanik DPM, FACFAS
Podiatrist in Centennial, COColorado Foot Institute
After receiving his podiatric medical degree, DPM (Doctor of Podiatric Medicine) from the Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science and the Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine, in 1995, he then went on to complete a 24 month post graduate training program in Foot and Ankle Surgery. Dr. Mechanik further advanced his skills when he completed another 24 month fellowship surgical training program in Lower Extremity Musculoskeletal Surgery, under orthopedic surgeon, James A. Ghadially, MD (deceased). During his fellowship, Dr. Mechanik worked side by side with Dr. Ghadially, where he tackled the most complex and challenging foot and ankle conditions and surgeries.
Dr. Mechanik is dual board certified by the American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery. He is board certified in Foot Surgery and Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery. He is also a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. Dr. Mechanik is one of the few podiatrist in the United States with his extensive training. Dr. Mechanik is highly qualified to see and treat any ailment or condition patients may suffer from in their foot and or ankle. Dr. Mechanik treats both adult and pediatric foot and ankle conditions.
Colorado Foot Institute and Dr. Mechanik’s practice is exclusively limited to treating conditions of the foot and ankle. Because Dr. Mechanik personally sees and follows all his patients care from start to finish, he is able to closely monitor his patient’s progression to recovery. Dr. Mechanik and his staff strive to exceed patient expectations and to provide an overall seamless experience!
Dr. Mechanik warmly extends his services to patients suffering from foot and or ankle conditions.
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Diplomate, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Board Certified Foot Surgery
- Board Certified Reconstructive Rearfoot/Ankle Surgery
- Hyprocure Surgeon
- Gulf Coast Orthopaedic and Spine Associates
- Lower Extremity Musculoskeletal Surgery – 24 months 1997-1999 Houston, TX.
- Columbia North and East Houston Medical Center
- Foot & Ankle Surgery – 24 months 1995-1997 Houston, TX
- 1995 Doctor of Podiatric Medicine Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine
- 1995 Bachelor of Science Dr. William M. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine
- Anatomical Sciences University of Colorado Boulder/Denver 1988-1991 Pursued B. S. Kinesiology
- 1984-1988 Cherry Creek High School-Graduate Magnum Cum Laude Englewood, Colorado
- 1982-1984 Blessed Sacrament School Denver, Colorado
- 1979-1982 Southmoor Elementary Denver, Colorado
- 1976-1979 Fairmont Elementary Denver, Colorado