If you struggle with pain or discomfort in your lower back, legs, or feet, custom orthotics could benefit you. Custom-created inserts that fit inside your shoes, orthotics can ease pain and discomfort by providing cushioning, stability, and better arch support to your foot. Different types of orthotics are available and a podiatrist here at Colorado Foot Institute can recommend the right type for you. Led by Dr. Joseph Mechanik, read on to learn how our office in Centennial, CO, can provide orthotics that are perfect for you!
Types of Custom Orthotics
Custom orthotics can provide the cushioning, stability, and arch support needed to reduce pain in the lower back, legs, and feet. Three types of custom orthotics are available from our Centennial office, each one perfect for different situations. These varieties include:
- Soft Orthotics — Provides cushioning, support, and shock absorption. Soft orthotics also alleviate pressure on the balls of the feet. This type of orthotic is beneficial to patients with arthritis in the feet and ankles, diabetes-related foot problems, or foot deformities.
- Rigid Orthotics — Alleviates leg and lower back pain caused by an irregular step pattern. Rigid orthotics correct foot positioning and alignment when stepping. This type of orthotic is beneficial to patients with pain in the lower back or legs.
- Semi-Rigid Orthotics — This type of orthotic is beneficial to patients with flat feet, especially if they happen to be athletes who need more arch support. Semi-rigid orthotics correct foot positioning and alignment, thus providing stability and improving balance.
Benefits of Custom Orthotics
While it is possible to purchase over-the-counter shoe inserts at certain stores, these products do not provide the same benefits as custom orthotics from your local podiatrist. Custom orthotics provide substantially more support and stability since they are custom made for a perfect fit. The many benefits of custom orthotics include how they:
- Provide cushioning for the feet
- Reduce strain on the feet and ankles
- Alleviate pain and discomfort
- Provide better arch support
- Are custom made for a perfect fit
- Correct foot positioning
- Improve stability
- Improve balance
Interested? Give Us a Call
For custom orthotics in Centennial, CO, schedule a consultation with Dr. Mechanik by calling Colorado Foot Institute at (303) 333-3383.